The Jolley Family

The Jolley Family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

To Be or Not To Be.....That Is The Question!

I think there are those that think they can...and DO! And those that they think can...and DON'T!  We all have dreams and aspirations.  Life is ALWAYS going to throw some kind of curve ball in our way.  There are going to be people or circumstances that influence our lives for the better and the worse.  There are going to be distractions and wrong turns.  What is it then, that keeps us focused on our goals?  How do we reach that point where we finally say "THIS is it! THIS time I am going to....."?  Does that point really exist?  Is there a final turning point where a person says..."Enough is enough!" and just does whatever it is they set out to do? I think it's easier for some than for others.  I think for some, they have a goal, think it through and make it happen.  For others, they have the same worthy goal and yet they fail time and time again.  Do you ever feel like this?   What is that true difference between these two types of people?  I ask this honest question, because I would really love to know.

What great character does the one who succeeds at hard things possess that the one who can't seem to get it together have?  For me, personally, I get stuck!  My mind gets stuck!  My routine gets stuck!   Sometimes I have tunnel vision and can't see past the end of my nose.  I often think of the quote “If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.”  So that means, if we want to see something change, WE have to be willing to get out of our "comfort zone" that we all create and become uncomfortable. Is this the key?.... to always be on the verge of being uncomfortable (metaphorically speaking) so we don't get stuck in that "comfort zone"?

Our mind is our most powerful tool and yet can also be our worst enemy, if we allow it to be.  And that's just it.....it's what we allow!  I believe WE ARE WHAT WE THINK!  I believe we CAN use positive energy and positive words to make our own lives and the lives of others around us better.  I also believe that there are those we all know that suck the positive energy right out of us.  Press forward!  Still be committed and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up! 

I want to make 2011 an epic year of change.  I want to refine some of my character traits.  I want to be healthy, and truly happy.  The kind of happy that when no one is around I can giggle because no matter what is going on in life because I choose to find joy in lifes enduring journey!  The truth of the matter is that change takes work.  It takes committment, humility, determination, dedication, failing and picking ourselves up and saying " I AM going to do this!"  Most importantly, being willing to love ourselves despite our own character flaws!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.  What has worked for you that made all the difference?

Happy New YOU to all!  May this be the year where all your yesterdays become your todays and your todays become your tomorrows!  And that your tomorrows are what you THOUGHT them to be!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

You put into words the feelings and frustrations I feel. Maybe we could be accountability partners to move to the DO part of our goals. :o)